How To Store Wine
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Wine Storage and other Wine Storage topics.
I know nothing of storing wine but just received a case of a German White wine. How do I store the bottles? Is it true that depending on the wine the bottle should be either tilted upward, downward or straight up?
- All corked wine should be stored on the side so that the cork remains wet.
- Both red and white wine should be stored in an area away from any direct sunlight and extreme heat or cold.
- Temperature should remain between 55 and 65 degrees Fahrenheit..
- Storage temperature should remain consistent. Don't store wine in a standard refrigerator. The temperature is too cold and fluctuates since the door is opened often.
- A small wine refrigerator is ideal for storing white wines since the temperature remains between 50-55 degrees Fahrenheit. Although wine supply companies sell wine refrigerators ranging from 12-100 bottles, they are expensive. A small wine refrigerator (18-24 bottle capacity) can be purchased at Lowe's or Home Depot for under $150.
- White wine should be consumed withing one to three years.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.